Located in San Diego, CA
The Embedded Software Engineer performs all of the activities associated with embedded software development for existing products as well as the design and implementation of new products. Self-motivated, high energy individuals who join this skilled engineering team will have an opportunity to apply their knowledge and expertise to the company’s advanced sonar designs. Experience with embedded Linux development is a requirement for this position.
- Design new firmware products and enhance the design of existing firmware products to accommodate new features. Participate in and hold design reviews.
- Translate designs into code following company development standards using various cross-compilers for the C and/or C++ programming languages with some assembly language, as required. Participate in code reviews.
- Perform unit testing of developed code. Participate in integration and system testing of new and existing designs. Perform field testing and/or troubleshooting both locally and at remote customer locations, as needed.
- Provide input to project management on firmware development plans, schedules, and other documentation.
- Participate in hardware/firmware integration. Participate in hardware selection and design reviews.
- Execute systems engineering tasks with guidance from systems engineers and scientists.
- 5+ years of experience in the development of firmware for embedded systems in C and C++
- 2+ years of experience developing software for embedded Linux is required.
- Experience with and knowledge of Linux application development is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of C++ and object-oriented principles is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and understand schematics is required.
- BS in Engineering or Physical Science, or equivalent.
- Must be a US person (US citizen or green card holder).