Located in Irvine, CA or San Diego, CA
Be part of a unique team that designs high-performance ICs with RF, analog, mixed-signal and digital systems integrated on a single chip. Your focus will be on the development of advanced analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters. Your responsibilities will include:
- ADC and DAC architecture choices based on high-level specifications
- Design, implementation, and verification of mixed-signal circuits
- Characterize and debug relevant blocks
- Analyze the effects of non-idealities on circuit performance
- Collaborate with system engineers to optimize circuit designs and system specification trade-offs
- Strong knowledge of mixed-signal circuit building-block design and simulation, such as, continuous-time analog filters, switched-capacitor circuits, data converters, reference generators and comparators.
- Solid understanding of data converter concepts and ability to derive block requirements based on system specifications
- Solid understanding of CMOS process and device physics
- Understanding of semiconductor packaging
- Hands-on experience testing your own designs in the lab
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant academic project experience that includes more than one tape-out
- Experience with Cadence Spectre/Spectre RF simulation tool.
- Experience with MATLAB, Octive, MathCAD or similar modeling tool