Located in Orange County, CA
Salary: Up to 110K
Our client is a leading supplier of communications and specialized products and services to the US Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, federal civilian agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, and major aerospace and defense prime contractors. Specifically, they design and develop critical test instrumentation and tracking systems, and is a leader in Global Positioning Systems
(GPS), and services for military and industrial applications.
Description and Requirements
- This BSEE-based position requires extensive experience in engineering development programs.
- Will be creating (design through manufacturing) complex boards with blind and buried vias, with 2-14 layers. Board frequency rates include both digital 25-100 MHz, RF L-band (1 – 1.8GHz).
- Responsibilities include direct involvement with new product insertion from concept development
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge of electronic board assembly, design constraints and manufacturing processes.
- Both layout and new product design experience, along with EMI experience.
- Experience in working concurrently between design engineering and manufacturing.
- A strong technical background that includes familiarity with circuit design, PWB design, electronic layout, in addition to engineering and manufacturing development processes is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in driving design development activities and direct experience with Design to Cost and Design for Manufacturing processes is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE with 5 years minimum experience in electronic circuit design and development (VHDL) in addition to a strong familiarity with electronic component and assembly manufacturing processes.
- VHDL-type tools including Cadence Concept and Allegro, Mentor Graphics Expedition, PADS (desirable).
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required for this position.