Located in Orange County, CA
Salary: Up to 105K
If you thrive on challenge, are motivated, creative, and can hit the ground running, we want YOU on our team! L-3 is a leading supplier of communications and specialized products and services to the US Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, federal civilian agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, and major aerospace and defense prime contractors. With over 63,000 employees, L-3 is a rapidly growing public company with 2010 sales reported at $15.7 billion.
L-3 IEC Division Overview:
L-3 Interstate Electronics Corporation (IEC) Division in Anaheim, CA is a defense industry supplier that designs critical test instrumentation and tracking systems, and is a leader in Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and services for military and industrial applications. L-3 Interstate Electronics Corporation was founded in 1956 and for over 50 years, IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history.
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA),
- Performing thermal and structural analysis on circuit card assemblies and subsystems,
- Root Cause Analysis of complex structural and thermal problems using analytical and experimental methods,
- Performing in-depth reviews of designs for margin assurance and Design for Manufacturing.
- Additionally the Senior Engineer will be, from time to time, leading activities described above and will be called upon to perform project planning activities project status updates.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years professional ME experience.
- Experience with thermal and structural analysis on circuit card assemblies and subsystems
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in vibration testing and experimental modal analysis.
- Solid experience in PCB/PWB micro electronic packaging at both the component and next level assembly level?
- Working knowledge of PRO-E.
- Working knowledge of PROMechanical thermal and structural modeling or Ansys multi-physics.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Background work experience in aerospace or defense.
- Hands-on machine shop and model shop experience.
- Knowledge of welding and brazing processes is a plus.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required for this position.
COMPANY BENEFITS START IMMEDIATELY
- 9/80 Work Week with Every Other Friday Off
- Work on a Campus Setting.
- 12 Holidays
- Onsite Company Restaurant Serves Breakfast and Lunch
- Basketball Court, Running Track, Exercise Equipment, Showers, Locker Rooms
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase Plan, 401(K), Etc.