Software Engineering Project Manager
Highly visible opportunity to lead a team, growing new user experiences with scaled mobile, desktop, cloud/web, and IoT software solutions in innovative ways. The solutions you will help us build will make our products come alive for customers no matter where or how they are connected, what screen they look at, what app they love, or what OS platform they love it on. Lead the way in making best-in-class end-to-end experiences for people around the world.
As part of the Platforms and Future Technology Software Group you will lead a team of skilled engineers to create mobile experiences customers around the world fall in love with.
- Applies expert subject matter knowledge and manages staff activities in solving complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
- Collaborates closely with multi-discipline partners [Marketing, Business Development, Design, QA, Finance…] to reach goals of the team.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates, and coordinating projects for systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development tools are in place to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years application development experience, ideally having at least several years of demonstrated project management leadership of a team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions that stand the test of time and rapidly changing customer expectations.
- Ability to lead teams of engineers towards a common goal or architecture – e.g., helping to code against the toughest problems, mentoring junior engineers, facilitating overall progress, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Would be great if you have:
- Project history with Lean Innovation.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams with remote players.
- Experience in mobile app development and web/cloud services.