Located in Orange County, CA
Salary: Contract to Hire $35/hr – $50/hr
- Serves as business and manufacturing systems functional expert.
- Will train users, business analysts and software developers of multiple divisions in ERP applications and functional processes.
- Perform research and analysis of division business processes, develop detailed specifications from which vendor systems will be programmed/configured and generate recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents.
- Identify emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
- Responsible for recommending software developers of what should be done by the computer system and how the business will use it.
- Serve as subject matter expert for functional area in support of multiple divisions and stay informed of new and/or changes in business rules and policies and make recommendations to stay compliant.
- Serve as liaison between Information Technology (IT) and functional departments to determine business needs and select appropriate software solutions within assigned functional area/s.
- Supports end-users in the day-to-day application of the system by discussing and solving problems (problem resolution, running queries, providing first-line support).
- Support ERP applications, design of enhancements, features and capabilities. Provide input for design and construction of test cases and business scenarios.
- Responsible for providing technical documentation of process and workflow analysis.
- Plan and implement methods to improve response time and responsiveness of systems.]
- Requires an expert level knowledge of industry practices, principles, concepts and standards.
- Ability to promote teamwork and work efficiently with personal at all levels to determine optimum design for assigned projects. Incumbent is required to demonstrate strong analytical skills and sound business judgment along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which requires a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years overall experience in processing, managing and reporting on service requests and incidents.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in ERP Systems applications with experience as a System Analyst and/or software developer.
- Extensive experience with ERP and manufacturing.
- Proficient in administration and support of a variety of applications and technologies, relational database concepts, the systems development lifecycle (SDLC), business performance management systems (e.g., IBM Cognos), and both general and specialized office applications (e.g., MS Office, MS Project Professional 2003, MS Project Server 2003).