About our client:
This company is the leading provider of integrated network and application performance management solutions for organizations worldwide. Our client enables customers to maximize the performance and efficiency of applications and content delivered across globally distributed networks. This company’s solutions play an essential role, providing the operational intelligence required to assure that critical networked applications and services run efficiently and reliably, meeting or exceeding user expectations, and increasing return on investment from the infrastructure.
The role of the Sales Engineer is to assist the Sales team in reaching the revenue goal by providing quality pre-sales technical support and presentations focused on articulating value to the prospective buyer. Represent our client as the product solution specialist and work to insure the best possible technical solution with the information provided. Specialization designated by a defined strategic initiative as named by our client. These areas will include verticals such as System Integrators, Service Providers, and Channel Partners.
This individual will report to the Area Vice President. This person will be required to have significant interaction and consultation with customers and must have a solid understanding of the sales cycle and working with the Sales teams throughout the process.
Sales Engineers and their Account Managers will be placed in situations to uncover and develop new areas of business and relationships for this company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- The Sales Engineer must be able to work closely with the Account Manager(s) and Regional Director to develop business and technical strategies that can help ensure the best chance to win business.
- Investigate the prospect’s needs and assist in developing a strategy to win business
- Assist the Sales Teams in making tactical decisions regarding the sale.
- Identify compelling events or specific business problems and offer attractive solutions to the client.
- Provide specialized technical support to the prospect/customer using this company’s ‘best practices’ techniques along with other available resources provided to the Sales Engineering group.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer’s IT silos to document their infrastructure and understand their challenges and seek out potential projects.
- The Sales Engineer will directly assist Sales teams in achieving financial targets via the sales process and assisting sales in accurately assessing and forecasting opportunities.
- Must be able to create and deliver PoCs, manage competitive Bakeoffs, prepare for and run initial and subsequent onsite presentations or host remote presentations using WebEx or Meeting Place, ability to perform canned or live product demonstrations of system capabilities and benefits for customer meeting, show ability to lead whiteboard discussions, etc., to best present our client’s solutions in the best possible light for customers, resellers, integrators, etc.
- Work with users on a regular basis, explore scenarios in which the system is being used and discover new upsell opportunities by understanding the user’s needs.
- Remains current on emerging methodologies and technologies.
- Adapt to new situations and opportunities that may include multiple Integrators on a common customer network
- Travel required within the assigned territory and within the Region estimated at 40 – 50% within the territory, carrying a laptop.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- Technical Military training preferred
- Formal presentation training preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience, three years of which are in the technical field.
- This person must have experience and demonstrated working with customers to understand their technical challenges and requirements and to have effectively proposed desired solutions.
- Proven pre-sales record of success and achievement for themselves and their team.
- Strong Networking and Application background desired along with a working knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Cultural familiarity with and experience in doing business within the Region is critical.
- The individual must also possess technical skills that relate to these areas:
- Cisco routing, switching, gateways and applications (must)
- TCP/IP, SNMP, Netflow, VoIP
- Various topologies, LAN, WAN (MPLS, Frame, ATM)
- Trend analysis concepts
- Security concepts
- Network infrastructure concepts
- Network General (Sniffer) knowledge
- HP/OV, IBM Tivoli, EMC SMARTS, ArcSight a plus
- Network performance management
- Fault/Alert management concepts
- Operating systems (Linux, NT)
- Certification CCNA, CCNP, CCIE a plus
- Public/Private Cloud
- Experience responding to or creating RFI or RFPs Experience in having conducted or participated in security audits a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization, time management skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process.
The people behind our client’s products are responsible for their company’s success, and they take your career ambitions seriously. As an employee, you’ll enjoy a generous benefits package, including a liberal vacation policy, matching 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, domestic partner benefits, company-paid life insurance, short & long-term disability & AD&D.