Database Administrator – MySQL
Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It’s uniquely intentionally not like any other company. Do you love working with a broad array of the latest technology? Are you motivated to ensure our database systems run smoothly to allow our engineering teams to run successful satellite networks? If so, this company might be a great place to take your career.
As part of the DBA team, we’ll rely on your experience MySQL to support the design, implementation, and administration of database needs for the commercial and corporate business areas. Your analytical and communication skills will come into play as you collaborate with Business Analysts, Application Developers, Solution Architects, and Database Developers to analyze business requirements and specifications and translate those requirements into database designs and solutions. Your experience with database maintenance will prove useful as you are identifying and resolving production and application development problems, calculating optimum values for parameters, evaluating and integrating/installing new releases, completing maintenance and responding to user questions. If this sounds interesting, keep reading…
- 5+ years of hands-on database administration experience on MySQL databases deployed on Linux, covering installation, configuration, patching, supporting and upgrading
- Experience with implementing highly available and fault-tolerant MySQL database solutions for multiple projects, including leverage of OS clustering capabilities
- Experience with MySQL replication technologies including Master-Master multi-replication, Master-Multiple Slave replication
- MySQL administration and support experience including backup and recovery, replication, clustering, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Familiar with MySQL Enterprise backup and recovery tools including 3rd party backup solutions
- Experience with documentation of standard procedures, architecture, design and deployments
- Familiar with MySQL Enterprise Manager
- Experience with supporting various MySQL versions and Editions(Part of the OS, Community/Open Source, Standard, and Enterprise)
- Strong Linux experience
- Release management and deployment of code in different environments using source code control tools such as Git, Perforce, CVS, etc.
- Prior support experience with the application stack connecting to the MySQL database back-end
- Available for On-Call and After Hours support as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience working in a highly segmented network with complex firewall implementations and many security features
- Experience with scripting frequently occurring activities
- Experience with creation and use of templates, automated installations, etc.
- Experience with using HP Data Protector or CommVault tools
- Experience with MySQL Partitioning for performance and manageability
- Exposure to Oracle Database fundamentals and administration
- Experience with Open Source and Big Data databases (relational and non-relational) PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.